WHAT IS AMPHETAMINE AND DEXTROAMPHETAMINE (ADDERALL, ADDERALL XR)?
BRAND NAMES: ADDERALL, ADDERALL XR
GENERIC NAME: AMPHETAMINE AND DEXTROAMPHETAMINE (PRONUNCIATION: AM FET A MEEN AND DEX TROE AM FET A MEEN)
Adderall 15mg and dextroamphetamine are central nervous system stimulants that affect chemicals in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control.
The combination of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine is used to treat narcolepsy and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Amphetamine and dextroamphetamine may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF AMPHETAMINE AND DEXTROAMPHETAMINE (ADDERALL, ADDERALL XR)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeats;
- pain or burning when you urinate;
- talking more than usual, feelings of extreme happiness or sadness;
- tremors, hallucinations, unusual behavior, or motor tics (muscle twitches); or
- dangerously high blood pressure (severe headache, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, confusion, chest pain, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats, seizure).